News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Two trains - 1 Track

Started by Roelf, September 18, 2007, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roelf

Is it possible to run 2 x HO Trains on the same track???

If it possible, what must I do to do it????

SteamGene

Use DCC.  If you have a large enough layout so that several blocks are possible, you can run multiple trains on the different blocks using DC.  Each block must be isolated from its neighbors and receive separate power using specific feeders to the block.
DCC is easier.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Roelf

Thanks Gene. Will see if I can get the right equipment and do it. Enjoy

kevin2083

______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Roy Small

DCC mite be??  If you are good on decoders.

Hoople

Go for DCC. Most bachmann locomotives are if not equiped DCC ready, which means you either solder a decoder in (only 1 engine of the spectrum's needed this, I believe), the rest you can pop in an 8 pin NMRA decoder, get a DCC system (I recomend Digitrax's Zephyr) program the locomotives, and run them.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Flashwave

ou can do it on DC too, but you need to keep them spaced out so they aren't sucking from the same section of track. Also, keep 'em short or they won;t be able to move and comperable in length and weight s B doesn't go flying into A

I did it with Athearn and Bachmann Daylights, engines only, for a salute to an OLD AHM 0-4-0 that I think the motor died in.

Roelf

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your input and info. I will change all loco's to DCC. Just need to find the correct person here in South Africa to do it for me.

Enjoy