Bachman 80130 HO Modern GN 4-4-0 (DCC, sound)

Started by WCRR, December 27, 2013, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCRR

I recently got as a gift a Bachmann 80130 HO Modern 4-4-0 (GN, with DCC and Sound).  True to its prototype, I believe, it has an oil tender. 

The exploded parts diagram suggests that parts to modify the bunker from oil to coal should have been included in the box with the locomotive, as are a lot of other (and very welcome) conversion parts.  The locomotive I received does not have the conversion parts to produce a coal tender, although a small bag of what appears to be HO scale coal is included.

Perthaps someone in the Bachmann Forum who also has one of these locomotives (or equivalent), or is otherwise familiar with them, can tell me whether the parts to convert the bunker from oil to coal (or vice versa) are supposed to be included? The Bachmann parts representative said he thought they should have been, but was not sure.  He suggested I query the Bachmann forum.   I have also asked a representative of the major online merchant who sold the locomotive to check on whether it should have the tender bunker conversion parts, but have yet to hear back. 

My loco's box includes the following auxiliary parts:

(1) One bag with a couple of dummy plugs for the DCC system;
(2) One bag with three conversion trucks;
(3) One bag with two replacement domes, a replacement stack, and two replacement pilots;  and
(4) One bag of what seems to be HO coal.

Thank you in advance.

WCRR

Br 98.75

the instructions often show multiple parts but it is to save on printing the off different sheets go to the parts store

BaltoOhioRRfan

Do you have a Baldwin or Richmond? I can't remember which one came in GN.

All my DCC OnBoard Richmonds came with coal loads, wood loads, and oil bunker for the tenders.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

WCRR

Thank you. 

This is the Baldwin version. 

I'll recontact Bachmann to see whether I can get further clarification.  The parts department representative himself/herself was not sure whether this loco should come with alternative bunkers. 

Irbricksceo

I have discovered something, It would appear that earlier runs of this Locomotive came with all three load types. At some point, after they started adding more detail, they stopped shipping the other loads, including only the one that version would have used. The Diagram is likely the same for the very reason BR stated, to make it easier.
Modeling NYC in N