News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann older DD40ax

Started by dankoesterman, January 19, 2014, 08:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dankoesterman

I seen a picture of this engine, I think the engine is a Bachmann DD40AX very old #6922 there is a battery compartment on the bottom center. not sure what that would be, does any one know?

richg

Quote from: dankoesterman on January 19, 2014, 08:47:54 PM
I seen a picture of this engine, I think the engine is a Bachmann DD40AX very old #6922 there is a battery compartment on the bottom center. not sure what that would be, does any one know?

Picture did not show up.
The bottom centre portion of most diesels is the fuel tank.

Rich

dankoesterman

Not sure why picture did not show up, but there is clearly a battery compartment were the fuel tank  is. it holds two AA or AAA also besides the engine # on each side of the cab and the# boards they are also on ea. side of the angled hood if that helps.

rogertra

Searching the web, Google is indeed your friend, I found photos of the Bachmann DD40AX.

http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/b/lbacu0271.jpg

Under the frame are the fuel tank and air tanks located on both sides of the unit.

The battery boxes, as on most (All?) EMD/GMD diesels are under the cab.  That's those ventilated access hatches seen under the cab.

The photo link above of the HO model as this is the HO scale discussion board.  I do not understand your comments about AA AAA batteries as this model doesn't use, AFAIK,  any batteries.

It's an HO scale, DC model that picks up power through the track.

Hope this helps.

Stephen D. Richards

I saw a picture of that once but I didn't think it was a Bachmann!  Anyway, I would stay away from that one.  The batteries were the supply source for the locomotive.  Not one of the best!  Hope that helps some.  Stephen

dankoesterman

Its on E-bay under Ho trains Free shipping with four pics.

Thanks for any help in figuring this out.

richg

Quote from: dankoesterman on January 20, 2014, 12:46:19 PM
Its on E-bay under Ho trains Free shipping with four pics.

Thanks for any help in figuring this out.

Don't know of any HO scale with battery compartment.
Common knowledge here. you need a photo hosting site like Photo Bucket to post pictures here.

http://photobucket.com/

You can also copy and paste the URL into a message of where the photo is.

Rich

rogertra

As we've been telling you all along, Bachmann do not have batteries.

Doneldon

Bachmann might have batteries if this is a dummy loco which has battery-powered lights.

rogertra

Quote from: Doneldon on January 20, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Bachmann might have batteries if this is a dummy loco which has battery-powered lights.

Hopefully not, he may have paid $50.00 for the loco.  That's what it sold for in the link he provided and no dummy loco is worth $50.00.

And if it does have battery powered lights, it's been kitbashed and is not original.