My command center is not getting any power

Started by Sabadu, January 31, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabadu

I set up my new Dynamis system and the command center does not seem to be getting any power.  I plug it in, but none of the LED's are lit.

Is there some trick to this or do I have to send it back to Bachmann?

Thanks

AGSB

What wall plug in power pack do you have? Some have the plug pins molded into the power pack and some have interchangeable plugs. If you have the second type, make sure that you have inserted them correctly and that they fully snap into position.

Sabadu

I have the "ESU Switching Power Supply" I tried reversing the plug.  Still no power.

AGSB

If you have a multimeter, plug in the power pack and probe the end of the cord that plugs into the Dynamis to see if you are getting any voltage there.  If you get nothing then the problem is with the power pack, if you are getting voltage then the problem is with the Dynamis unit.

Sabadu

OK...so I checked out the power transformer cord and was able to get a power reading.  Then when I connected it again to the command station it worked!  Maybe the probe from the multimeter cleared out some dust or debris.

Now I just have to deal with a fluorescent light issue (could be a real problem as incandescent bulbs are being phased out) and figure out why the train moved three inches and then stopped!

Thanks for the information.