Bachmann and Lifelike Alco S2 Shell Exchange

Started by RichardStern, February 03, 2014, 10:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardStern

I have a Lifelike HO Alco S2 in the "old" ATSF black/silver stripe paint scheme.  I really like Bachmann's sound, but the only Santa Fe paint scheme available from Bachmann for this engine is the newer blue/yellow, which is later than the time period of my layout. 

I'm wondering if it's possible to exchange the shell and truck side frames from the Lifelike unit to the Bachmann unit.  Has anyone done a swap like that? 

Rick

Doneldon

Rick-

You can probably jigger the shell into fitting but wouldn't be very hopeful about the side frames. I hope for your
sake that someone can reply to your post saying that I'm all wet and you can easily swap them.
                                                                                                                                                -- D

ALCO1000

Quote from: Doneldon on February 04, 2014, 12:14:31 AM
Rick-

You can probably jigger the shell into fitting but wouldn't be very hopeful about the side frames. I hope for your
sake that someone can reply to your post saying that I'm all wet and you can easily swap them.
                                                                                                                                                -- D

Why would you do that to 2 perfectly good engines ?especially a proto! Bachmann makes an s2 with sound,there are shells for sale that you can paint letter and detail and call it progress,hacking up 2 good locos to make one is not a solution Doing it the right way is!Do a little more research and you will find your answer
JACK