Specrtum GE Dash 8 40 C DCC Ready reg cab where did it go?

Started by ALCO1000, January 28, 2014, 08:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO1000

To Mr. Bachmann
I Was wondering I the GE dash 8 40 standard cab will be re-released? This by far seems like a extremely well made diesel that with the metal gear case trucks,to the sectional shell with the die cast frame /die cast walkway!Built to last Heavy construction,,What happened to it?
I see the wide cab version is available .Anybody have one of these gems?Like to see this come with sound any Spectrum diesel gong to get sound?

Jack

rogertra

Quote from: ALCO1000 on January 28, 2014, 08:47:06 AM
To Mr. Bachmann
I Was wondering I the GE dash 8 40 standard cab will be re-released? This by far seems like a extremely well made diesel that with the metal gear case trucks,to the sectional shell with the die cast frame /die cast walkway!Built to last Heavy construction,,What happened to it?
I see the wide cab version is available .Anybody have one of these gems?Like to see this come with sound any Spectrum diesel gong to get sound?

Jack

Jack.

Best of luck with your quest.  One thing.  There's no such thing as a "wide cab".  All cabs are the same width.  "Wide cab' is a modeller/railfan misnomer. It's the nose of the unit that is "wide", the cab is the same width as it's always been. If anything it's a "Safety Cab", or "Comfort Cab" or even a "Canadian Cab" as, after all, they were first used by the CNR for several years before being adopted in the USA.

Cheers.

Roger.

ALCO1000

Thanks Friend nice Correction
,But Incorrect!   There a sd40-2W and a GE dash 8 40CW and a GE dash 8 40C ?THE W is what distinguishes the too in reporting marks ,YES

they are all safety cabs starting with the first DDA40X.The W gets printed on the side of there cabs usually ,GE used there standard cab all the way

up to the DASH 8 series,BUT OFFERED both,So Did Bachmann at one time when they were retooled and got away from the split frame

version that also had both offerings, THE older W cab had a beefier split frame then the standard .Supported Bachmann back then TOO!
Regards,
Jack

rogertra

Alco1000/Jack

The "W" in the designation stands for the Wide nose, not the cab.

The cab is not any wider.  It still fits on the standard width frame.  If it was wider, it would overhang the frame.   ;D

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We can't make every loco every year.
It's possible that it will return down the road.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ALCO1000

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 05, 2014, 11:25:24 PM
Dear All,
We can't make every loco every year.
It's possible that it will return down the road.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Thanks, If you do not make this one again that is fine with me ,I have one and was very impressed with the overall effort put into the retooled build quality that is a step up on your competition out there that makes the same model maybe a few details short ,but that can be taken care of very easy and the weight and running gear really have them beat hands down and it has been tested a few times over the years.If you do re-release this please have them fix the front headlight housing mold , too small out of scale too dim ,put latches on the short hood doors missing and the thin metal grab irons like the new wide nose has .Just trying to help! Having fun with mine with sound I put in myself Hint!,,,Thank you for your reply.