News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just doesn't work any more ?

Started by bigjoe11a, February 09, 2014, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

As some of you know I just completed my layout and I put the track back together and I cleaned my track from all the work I have done. and well now the problem is I can't get the engine to go. I thought about cleaning the wheels on the engine, How ever the wheels are locked from the motors.  If I play with the wheels on the engine. I can here the motor running some times and then again I still can't get the engine to go. I'm using Backmann EZ Track with a Dynamis Wireless system. When I plus the power in for the wireless and turn on the Control and push the knob up. The train should go. Right, Wrong. It only seems to go when it wants too. and most of the time it never goes. I paid all this money out and for what, NOTHING.

Guys, I was hoping maybe some one would have an idea or two. There has to be a simple reason why the engine doesn't want to go.

Joe M

Jerrys HO

Joe,
Do not try to move the wheels by hand, you can cause more damage internally than you can probably fix.
Is this the only loco you have? If not does your other loco do the same thing? If it does then the problem lies other than your loco.
Did you ever get a multi-meter? check that you have power at all joints in the track. You may have loosened up your joiners as much as your track has been disassembled.
Check the batteries in your Dynamis also as it may not be communicating with the loco.
Lot's of things could be going on here.
Take one step at a time.

Jerry

bigjoe11a

Jerry, Thank you. I never would have thought of it. Didn't think it would have been the batteries. Jerry I didn't think that I have not replaced the batteries sense last year. Yes I have a 2nd engine and both of them work. I guess I'm just getting old. I turn 55 years old this May, 4th.

Jerry thanks again.

When I get some of the trees and building put in, I'll post a photo.

Doneldon

Large Joseph-

Don't feel bad. I've read on several occasions that the number one reason for most major appliance repair
(things like stoves, washing machines and so on) is that they aren't plugged in. So you can forgive yourself for
not checking the batteries in your DCC system.
                                                                        -- D

Jerrys HO

Joe

You may want to check your batteries on occasion as I understand the Dynamis loves batteries as much as I love cookie dough ice cream ;D.
Or invest in some rechargeable ones to cut the cost down.

Jerry

bigjoe11a

Your forgetting some thing. The track and every thing was apart. I had nothing working until about a month ago when I setup the track and got it up and running. I just didn't think to check the batteries. lol

Thanks Jerry. and Hi! Don, How's it going,