News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM1 Sound Control in DC

Started by Reading5300, February 22, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reading5300

This question may have been covered somewhere in this forum before but I couldn't find anything.  My question is I just installed a Sound Module in my HO EM1 and am wondering if you can control the bell and whistle in DC mode or is that only in DCC???

Thanks,
Matt

jonathan

Matt,

Control is relative.  When you SLOWLY apply DC throttle, the EM-1 will make start up sounds.  When your throttle gets to a certain point the whistle will sound and the bell will ring.  Once the loco starts moving all you will get is the chuff sound. 

As you slow the loco down, preparing to stop, the whistle will sound as the loco stops.

Now... I have heard, and tried... while the loco is moving forward, one can quickly flip the polarity switch from 'reverse' and back to 'forward'.  This will sometimes trigger the bell or the whistle.  I don't recommend this.  Once I did the old quick-flip trick, which triggered the whistle... and wouldn't turn off.  Had to put the loco back on a DCC layout to turn off the whistle. 

Regards,

Jonathan

Br 98.75

Broadway limited sells a small box that connects to your dc power supply that lets you freely use the horn and bell as long as you leave the minimum amount of power for the sound. in my store we sell them for under $30

What i think is that Bachmann Should create a similar one that allows you to use 12 functions with a shift key to get to the higher functions