News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Possible driver-quartering Question

Started by MarkInLA, February 18, 2014, 09:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

Hi, I may have brought this up in past but can't find it. I am not sure if this is a common behavior of the HO mogul in that she lifts up and down whilst under way an extremely teensy amount at one per wheel Rev. I'd like to try quartering the driver myself as it might be off,  before Possibly sending her in to repair. My concern is that someone somewhere implied that the axles have splines on ends to keep drivers from changing position. I.E longitudal slots, and that I'll destroy the wheel hub if I turn it on the axle. Was this ever true ? Or, is axle smooth end to end as I'd think it is ?
Thanks, Mark

Jerrys HO

Mark

It's easier to use the search feature than try to scroll through every post.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?action=search2

Hit the advanced key type in what you want to find and then your member name and hit search.

Hope that helps for next time.

Jerry

MarkInLA

Firstly: Jack, thanks for the insight on it. Yeah, makes sense. I don't know if I'm brave enough to remove the gear box plate. I did that a lot as a youngster with a couple brass ones and was never much of a problem returning drivetrain to frame. Today with the very delicate wipers against drivers worries me...One other question, related: Are the pins into the side rods (except main eccentric rod bolt)  threaded ? Or do they pull straight out under friction ? Because one test would be to run her without rods/see if waddle is gone....(could leave rods there, taped/suspended somehow).
Jerry, appreciated, but I don't yet follow. You mean go to 'search box' and enter subject ? Seems when I do that lots of related posts come up but still gotta scroll through them, and they vary greatly, No ?