News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-8-0 needs one front Ladder

Started by Sunshine Express, February 19, 2014, 02:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Express

I have lost through an accident,one front ladder from my Spectrum 2-8-0. Taking it out of it,s original box after some storage,was difficult as the foam box liner was tight. It  must have broken off. No results in searching,as I did not connect it up that day,and did not know it was missing.  Any suggestions from the Forum,to procure  this vital part ?.  Thanks  Owen :(
Owen C Robinson

trainmainbrian

I would go to the bachman parts store & look under the steam 2-8-0 parts list and see if you can order the ladder.. It should be with in the grab & handrails section & should only be a few bucks to order.. Or you can scratch build a replacement ladder if your handy @ that kind of stuff...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

Sunshine Express

Thanks but I have tried that.Bachmann do not  have it listed. Maybe I  may have to do it the hard way,and make one ? .Owen
Owen C Robinson

jonathan

For what it's worth, there are brass pilot steps available at various places, like Greenway products.

Another option would be to remove the second ladder and fashion a single step at the head end of the running boards.  It was not unusual to have Consolidations of similar classes that switched between the ladder/steps and the single-step.  Just a thought.

Under the parts department, you would probably have to purchase the entire underframe, to get the pilot steps.

Regards,

Jonathan

rogertra

As Jonathan says, there's various manufactures of brass detail parts that carry what you are looking for.

A little Google time should turn up something suitable or, as Jonathan says, you could fashion a pair of single steps for this loco from styrene.

Cheers

Roger.

Sunshine Express

Roger, I did the googling and found an ebay  US Dealer with Cal Scale brass  loco ladders. Much longer than the Connies' but will cut them to fit. Cheers  Owen
Owen C Robinson

Doneldon

Sunny-

You'll be happy with the Cal-Scale ladder. Their products are absolutely first class.

-- D