News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale DD40x control issues

Started by BLW4597, February 17, 2014, 02:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLW4597

I just recently purchased the N scale version, with sound. I programend the cab # only and the unit worked and sounded perfectly for about 4 hours. After that it ceased to respond to my Digitrax DT402d throttle. I re programed it again and still would not respond. Does anyone out there have any Ideas?  I will be purging the system and try to see if it runs again. 
This happend during our clubs open house with several cabs programed into the Super Chief system.
Once again, any thoughts out there?

gatrhumpy

Send it back to Bachmann. Sounds like the decoder is shot.

Brewman

You may just need to flush the addresses from the Super Chief. I think our club has had that problem on the HO layout. I had an issue with one of my pre-programmed consists on Saturday, the train would be moving along fine and then would suddenly stop. If I moved the throttle it would go again and stop again. This happened with two throttles. I flushed the address from the Zephyr base unit and the problem went away.

BLW4597

Actually, Yesterday I purged the system and reprogrammed it and it ran fine. When it failed it was running for about 4 hours so it might have been an overheat problem. I will see what happens and report back.