News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-4 texas

Started by baldwinmikado, February 09, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldwinmikado

I've been thinking about the 2-10-4 texas  and I want to get one but bachmann doesn't make them. Is there a possibility in one being produced in the future or is one in the planning stages?

gatrhumpy

Probably not. You can find a locomotive with a four-wheel trailing truck, like the one from the 2-8-8-4, and adapt it to the 2-10-2.

baldwinmikado

That might be possible but I'm trying to model the AT&SF and there 2-10-4's had bigger drive wheels then the 2-10-2.

Mike C

baldwinmikado

Ive never heard of that manufacturer before. The electrical pickup is weird and I plan to make it dcc with possible sound but I would prefer all wheel pickup (incase a dirty rail is the length of the tender or drive wheel area). The rarity means money and I wouldn't pay $700+ for it (rather spend that on the layout or even a newer dcc system). Ill keep looking online now that I know someone does make them

skipgear

That is a brass loco from the 90's. Half axle pickup was all there was at the time. Every locomotive was made that way. brass or plastic. The brass locos were heavy enough that pickup was not a problem.

At the time, if you wanted a good running loco, brass was your only option, especially if you wanted a road specific loco. Nobody at that time ever thought we would see loco's such as the EM1 or the AC12 available as a mass production loco. Brass loco's were produced in batches or around 100 or so locos and modeled a very specific loco usually, not a generic close enough.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

TJ

I know Bachmann produced one in HO-SCALE however not in N-SCALE..

TJ