News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z command vs Dynamis

Started by Spencer, February 28, 2014, 04:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spencer

HI all , as a total novice to DCC , which would be a better starting point : E-Z command or Dynamis ??

jward

dynamis hands down. ez command has extremely limited programming capability, dynamiis is a full dcc system with full programming capabilities.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Bucksco

It really depends on how much you want to spend and how seriously involved you want to get with DCC. EZ Command is a low cost easy to learn system that will run up to 9 DCC locos and can trigger all the associated DCC functions. Dynamis is a higher end system that will indeed do more and naturally costs more. The choice is yours.

Doneldon

Spence-

The YM has a valid point in suggesting that your purchase reflect your plans. However, I'll point out what I think is another important factor: Is there any chance that you might want to go more deeply into model railroading as you learn more about it and gain experience with DCC? If so, purchase the Dynamis. Increasing the very limited power of the EZCommand is extremely expensive, at least with the B'mann's power booster. Dynamis has good power as an OEM feature. And Dynamis has real programming ability and the possibility of wireless cabs.

I've never heard anyone complain that their DCC system is just too powerful or has too much flexibility. I have seen lots of posts from people wanting to know how to expand their EZCommand because it lacks power, only controls some of their locomotives, only accesses some of the sounds available on current decoders or can't program locomotives.

The jump from EZCommand to Dynamis, or any other DCC system, is a significant one so I won't encourage you to make the jump if you are sure that you'll never want to move up. But if you aren't sure, make the move. I think you'll be happy you did.
                                                                                                                                                                                 -- D

Dieselman

I'm new to dcc myself and bought the dynamis system. It works great on my layout which is 12ft x 10ft. Being new to it, the programming is a little difficult for this old man but no regrets at all

Br 98.75

Programming is easiest with a PC and digitrax pr3 with a tsunami sound booster... but i find that a lot of people are happier with the easier to use systems. Plus digitrax is such a pain to get help from(i have bought several systems from frustrated owners who gave up after digitrax called them idiots).{Sorry for the angry rant but my local club is fed up with 1/5 the decoders installed  instantly malfunctioning, we are voting whether to drop there decoders.}
But the one thing i noticed is that with the dynamis is that it is the same as one of the ESU systems, but at more affordable prices. so i tell people to go with them, because they are user freindly