oil tenders of small and medium size to go with DCC ready locomotives

Started by conductorbt, October 10, 2007, 01:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conductorbt

I have now purchased several of your smaller 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 locomotives in various roadnames that are DCC ready.  It seems to me that what would greatly enhance your line would be a small and medium size Baldwin oil tender.  Based on your drawings, at least forn the medium units,  It looks like you have already planned for it in that the coal load is a popout piece of plastic.  How about a popout piece that converts said tender to oil, or even better, new oil tenders matching your Baldwin locomotives.  Perhaps at the very least you could design and sell an oil popout.  The Vandy tenders are nice if your into SP, UP or B&O but what about all the other oil operated standard locomotives.

Thanks!

Rick Hammanl

richG

Quote from: conductorbt on October 10, 2007, 01:41:50 PM
I have now purchased several of your smaller 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 locomotives in various roadnames that are DCC ready.  It seems to me that what would greatly enhance your line would be a small and medium size Baldwin oil tender.  Based on your drawings, at least forn the medium units,  It looks like you have already planned for it in that the coal load is a popout piece of plastic.  How about a popout piece that converts said tender to oil, or even better, new oil tenders matching your Baldwin locomotives.  Perhaps at the very least you could design and sell an oil popout.  The Vandy tenders are nice if your into SP, UP or B&O but what about all the other oil operated standard locomotives.

Thanks!

Rick Hammanl

Do what others are doing. A little kit bashing. This guy sells oil conversion parts directly and sometimes on eBay. I have bought his oil conversion for a slope back tender. I am bashing a couple 0-6-0T locos into 2-6-0 can forward oil fired locos.

http://www.yardbirdtrains.com/YBDetailParts.htm

Rich