News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez-command

Started by peter c, March 07, 2014, 04:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter c

can dc turnouts be used in same fasion with ez-command as they are used with my present dc controller? thanks for help, pistolpete.

Jerrys HO

Peter

Unhook your DC controller from the track, leave your turnouts hooked to the accessory tabs (assuming that is where you have them hooked up) and they will be fine. That is recommended procedure for turnouts without a decoder.

Jerry

peter c

thanks jerry, i see how that would work. in other words you can,t hook up dc acceseries to a digital or dcc controler,   yes no?

Jerrys HO

Yes you can but it robs power from your loco's as you will need all the power to run multiple loco's and one's with sound which draw more amps.

Jerry

AGSB

Quote from: peter c on March 07, 2014, 05:11:39 PM
  thanks jerry, i see how that would work. in other words you can,t hook up dc acceseries to a digital or dcc controler,   yes no?

Yes, but you will have to equip each accessory with a stationary decoder to be able to operate them with your DCC controller.

Doneldon

peter-

Just because you can do something, like running turnouts with an EZCommand, doesn't mean you should. The EXCom is a very basic system with minimal power. While it's true that current motors draw a lot less juice than older ones, sound and complex lighting schemes easily make the total draw by a modern loco similar to the motion-only draws of years gone by. So ... run your trains with the EZCom and use an old DC power pack for your accessories and switch machines.
                                                                                                                                                                                  -- D