News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Layouts

Started by Spencer, March 08, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spencer

HI , have recently purchased a Spectrum/Dynamis Starter set Maine Central #01403 and a catalogue #99978.Will be using an 8x4 area , purely for lack of any other useable room ..
The track plans/layouts in the E-Ztrack catalogue are minimal , I will be using nickel silver E-Z track , with DCC controlled turnouts etc.
Are there any other reference catalogues for suitable track plans available through Bachmann? have also downladed the "free version of Anyrail.com"
Thank you

Joe Satnik

Hi, Spencer.

I would say, "stay tuned", as others are kicking around some designs on this forum that look promising. 

An ideal 4' x 8' layout* would have no or very mild "S" curves, ovals for continuous running ("rail-fanning"),

at least one run-around (2-ended) siding, and both facing and trailing point spurs for challenging operations.

*Adding just 3" or 4" to the 4 ft. dimension gives a ton more flexibility.  See Morgun's posts.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik     
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Spencer

Hi Joe , will keep looking at possibilities until track plans are posted , however to put you in the picture , Australia unfortunately uses metric materials , a standard sheet of ply is 1200mmx900mm , 47.25 x 37.5 inches ,my proposed tabletop will be 1200mm(47.25in) x 2700mm(106.25in).
hopefully plans will include a turntable and switching yards.
Kind regards
Spencer

Morgun 30

Hi Spencer,

Good thing Anyrail can be switched over to metric. Are you dead set on a table top, or would you be willing or able to look at a donut set up? Morgun 30

Spencer

Hi Morgun , thanks for the reply , am open to options , the layout framework and subsequent top , will literally be clamped to a small table , approx. . 1200mm long x 765mm wide.
Regards
Spencer

Doneldon

Spence-

If you're open to the concept of a narrow shelf layout running around the room I urge you in the strongest possible terms to go that way. Running trains will be more enjoyable, it will be easier to see your progress, and you might actually save a little money, depending on exactly what you choose to do.
                                                                                                                                                    -- D