News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sell Bachmann sound modules

Started by rrbob, March 15, 2014, 04:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrbob

Why doesn't Bachmann sell their steam and diesel sound modules as separate items? Or even sell the tenders for the 4-4-0 and others sound equipped  so we can just change out the tenders for sound?  I would love to upgrade some of my Bachmann steam.  The one's I have sound great!
Bob D. :)

Bucksco

The sound decoders used in many of our items are available separately direct from SoundTraxx www.soundtraxx.com .

richg

The decoders from SoundTraxx are not physically like the ones used in Bachmann locos. They do have a few more CV and sound features than the decoders in the Bachmann locos.
The CV list for both spell out the differences.
Bachmann has some kind of marketing agreement with SoundTraxx, plus SoundTraxx makes them to properly fit the Bachmann locos.
SoundTraxx sells then enclosed with heat shrink and sells them as lightboard type for diesels.
The shrink type can be used in diesels also.
No idea on how much you know about the decoders.

Rich

Hunt

Bachmann Sound Module

Bob D,
Realize a Bachmann DCC Sound Module and a DCC decoder are not the same thing. The sound module is useless without a decoder, which can use it. Sound module and decoder are not interchangeable nomenclature.

Bachmann and some retailers do sell the Bachmann Sound Module but it is an add-on to a Bachmann decoder with built in 21-pin connecter. This decoder is not currently sold as a separate item by anyone.

Bucksco

I believe Bob needs to be a bit more specific. He may be referring to Sound Value. If this is the case the Circuit board/sound decoders are not sold separately. If he is referring to the Spectrum sound "module"  that Bachmann began releasing recently in the Spectrum line, these sound modules are designed to add sound to specific locomotives and are sound chips that add on to the DCC decoder that comes pre-installed in these locos. If Bob would like to add a sound decoder to his loco he can purchase a DCC sound decoder from SoundTraxx that will have the same 16 bit polyphonic sound quality as the Sound Value or Spectrum DCC/Sound locos.