News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Crossovers

Started by rbz34, March 23, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbz34

I'm building an 8 x 8 layout using ez track. I have three crossovers. Two to connect the inner oval to the outer oval and one to use in the middle for a yard. The two on the outside work fine but the one in the yard will not work as a go through. It will work if crossing over.  I've connected the black wire to the frogs and I've disconnected the black wires from the frogs and neither helped. This is the second crossover that didn't work. I returned the first one and when I got home this one is doing the same thing. I'm wondering if I shouldn't use a crossover in the yard. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

trainmainbrian

I don't think your Crossovers are the problem... I have a 9 Track Yard on my Layout & have each track wired on both sides of the switches even though my switches are PECO Insul Frog's... I wanted to make sure my Loco's run through the switches with no problems...& I think your other problem is with your EZ TRACK I am assuming your using a Re Railer  to power up your Track I would DITCH the current setup your using & wire you layout Direct & use a Transformer... If it was me I would Solder @ least 4 power leads to the main part of Layout & WIRE Both sides of your switches... & You should have no Running problems... MY Layout is 16ft long by 6ft wide.. & I wired my layout for DCC & believe I did my lead's every 2 -3 foot apart & all my switches in my yard are wired on both sides & each track is wired too.. Might be a little over kill on wiring but MY LOCO"S RUN SMOOTHLY with NO ISSUES....
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...