News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound on FA2

Started by boxcarbuz, March 30, 2014, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxcarbuz

I have two FA2's with sound onboard. I have been trying to get the sound to time out and have had no luck. I read the manual and set cv 113 to 120 but once you acquire the engine and move the throttle the sound comes on but will not go off again unless you tip the engine to cut the power.  Does anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks Al

rogertra

The sound doesn't "time out".  On my NCE Power Cab system I press button 8, with any engine, and it mutes the sound.

Press button 8 again and restore the sound.

Cheers

Roger.

Hunt

CV 113 - Quiet Mode Timeout Period feature is not available with the decoder in the FA2.

ALCO0001

Quote from: Hunt on March 30, 2014, 03:28:19 PM
CV 113 - Quiet Mode Timeout Period feature is not available with the decoder in the FA2.
Have you tried to program it anyway?
Jack

boxcarbuz

Yes I tried to set CV113 with no luck. I did at least get it set so the sound does not come on when I power up the system. Thanks for the help Al

ALCO0001

AL,
I was playing with cv 119 effect processor select and it did what your stating ,reset it to 0 or try cv 198 dcc auto sound configuration should be set to zero unless you want the brain that is in your loco to take over sort of ,Next try cv112 sound configuration  the tsumani setting I have is 3 for default .
Hope this helps!
Jack