News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay balloon Stacks

Started by Chris9017, April 05, 2014, 02:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris9017

I have been wanting to order a balloon stack for the shay for the longest time, but the balloon stack is for some reason, stated to always be "out of stock".   I have called for it multiple times, and kept getting the same answer, "check back in a couple weeks," and I have done that, still no balloon stacks.    Are these stacks out of stock and out of production for good?  I'd really like a balloon stack for my shay, since I plan to eventually do a kitbash to on of my 3-truck shays into Westside Lumber Company 10 in her current working life where she wears a balloon stack on the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad.   I have also tried to look for many other balloon Radley & Hunter stacks, but none are as close to the one on Westside number 10 as the Bachmann Balloon stacks.   I'd really like a couple of the stacks, and I hope they'll be back in stock soon.

Bucksco

Unfortunately Bachmann will not have any more "spares" for the Large Scale Shay until we do another production run and there is not currently plans to do one. That being said it would not hurt to call the service department directly at (215) 533-1600 and ask it there might be any spare stacks somewhere in the warehouse. If you call ask for the parts department and explain the situation - you never know.

Chris9017

I'll give that a try, but if now lucky, I guess I can buy a Meadow River Lumber Company Shay and turn that into Westside #10.   I can make the retrofit to the running board and air tank on the right hand side no problem.  The westinghouse Cross Compound Air compressor, oil tank, and superheated external dry pipe I can order from precision scale.   The whistle turret, I can get from the Bachmann Mallet parts, and the headlamps I see lots of those available from various Bachmann engines.