News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

info on 4-6-0

Started by kelmark55, May 13, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelmark55

have two g train sets one is a battery remote control Atchison Topeka Santa fe green #7 and the other is a red #49 looking to sale them. do not know what they are worth. have some acess. and train cars

JerryB

Kelmark55:

Here is a paragraph from Bachmann's Online Code of Conduct:

"Soliciting of products, services, or membership to organizations is not allowed. (Basically anything that is asking for payment from a forum member).  There are plenty of auction sites, and classified sites on the internet that are specially designed for this purpose, please use them. Any posts of this nature will be deleted as soon as they are discovered. Posts directing forum users such as "Check out my train for sale on ...." will also be deleted."
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

armorsmith

Jerry and Bach Mann,

Although I agree that the way in which this post is made it would appear and could be interpreted as an advertisement, I believe there is as much a request for information regarding value. Considering there is no means of contact posted, his email address is blocked, I find it difficult to attempt to make a purchase.
That being said, the first set referenced being one of the first generation sets Bachmann produced, it is not valuable.  The second set, without additional information it is hard to say.  My best recommendation is to prowl around on eBay and see what the same or similar sets and accessories are going for.
Good luck with valuing your items.

Bob C.

Loco Bill Canelos

Probably just trying to get a value.

The Red ATSF 4-6-0 #49 was an old version 2 chassis from 1989 1990 or 1991 (1st electric chassis). 

The loco appeared in 3 different train sets: Valvoline Express, Red Comet and the Thunderbolt Express Sets.

I have seen these sets in reasonable condition go from $55 to $100 on Ebay with the Valvoline Express going a little higher up to $120 due to the relatively rare Valvoline tank car in the set.

The battery set goes from $30 to $85 NIB
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

kelmark55

thanks for the info not looking to sale just info thanks all

kelmark55

for got to put in the word not in my post sorry !!