News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Landscape

Started by fhenn, June 14, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhenn

Finally got the track laid and wired... In the fsinal steps of placing the buildings. Who or where can I get an idea how to lanscape it. The bride does not want dirt in the middle of her yard ;D

uscgtanker

DO you have a water feture in the center that would give a calm feeling. Tall grass works well for hiding certain areas or make a seclusion from the house. herbs make some nice little bushes for buildings and can be eaten. I like to put strawberries in my railroad they are out of scale but what better way to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Then fill the rest of the space with flowers 1 every 4 square feet should bloom every season, then you have something to smell.

I'll keep up with how your doing.

Loco Bill Canelos

You can use boxwoods and trim them into minature trees. If you need fast cover you can use Wooly Thyme,   There are Thymes with finer leaves like Lemon Thyme, many grow slower, but the leaves are more to scale if you can say that.  In bare areas you can use finely ground mulch to cover the dirt til your thyme or other plants fill in.  Check out back issues of Garden Railways Magazine for other ideas as well.

Have fun

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!