News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis throttle posessed

Started by ShoeToe, June 21, 2014, 01:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoeToe

After increasing throttle to a setpoint, the throttle decides to slow down by itself. Throttle speed and bar indicators decrease without touching the throttle knob.  This is the second unit which is doing this. The first was replaced by Bachmann without any charge. The problem happens even when I am away from the base station. Anyone have this problem and able to fix it?

Ken G Price

Quote from: ShoeToe on June 21, 2014, 01:44:44 PM
After increasing throttle to a setpoint, the throttle decides to slow down by itself. Throttle speed and bar indicators decrease without touching the throttle knob.  This is the second unit which is doing this. The first was replaced by Bachmann without any charge. The problem happens even when I am away from the base station. Anyone have this problem and able to fix it?

What comes off of the top of my mind is maybe the max CV is set lower then the starting CV.
Then the unit slows the decoder down to where it is set.
And, yes I have done this so I know it can happen. :o
Hopefully, your problem is this simple.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

ShoeToe

Ken, CV=Configuration Variable? I don;t think this is a CV issue.  The throttle moves up and down on it's own on the wireless controller. From full on and sometimes to full off.  It is possessed.  Is there a way to reset the Dynamis controller?

Bucksco

If you issue a command when the connection between controller and command station is blocked the action can be delayed - this can be a bit confusing...

ShoeToe

I am not issuing a command.  The unit is operating as if the throttle knob is being moved up or down.  However, the throttle knob is NOT being touched.  The controller is obviously bad.  I was wondering if anyone has/had this problem and was able to work around it instead of sending it back to Bachman for replacement. This is the second time this has happened to me so I assume others may have seen this problem.

Thanks for your feedback.