News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

warranty replacement warranty

Started by ALCO0001, August 14, 2014, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO0001

To The Bachmann,
I Purchased a Spectrum steam engine with sound and it was replaced under warranty , well it has a belt drive in it and from time to time the belt seems to be jumping teeth , slipping ,you can here the motor speed up with the sound off but it does not move the drivers ,kind of give it a shove one way or the other and then it works for a wile and then it randomly does it again with no cars attached.
Would this be covered under warranty of the original locos purchase date or the replacement locos replacement date?
Thanks, Jack

Bucksco

You should contact the service department manager to discuss the situation. I am sure they can take care of the problem for you.

rogertra

Speaking of warranty work, I've finally sent my Alco 2-6-0 in for repair of the valve gear, the main pin on the centre driver will not hold the motion in place.

However, in the Bachmann instructions, it says something about enclosing return postage.  How is someone from Canada supposed to do that?

I would have thought that the fee for repairing the loco would have covered return postage, or did I misunderstand the instructions?

Cheers.

Roger T.

Bucksco

These are questions that need to be addressed directly to the service department - give them a call...

kewatin

HI ROGER
KEWATIN here, i live in ontario,canada and over the yrs i have sent  a few items for repair under warranty or replacement and never had to pay for return postage period.i usually ship to bachmann and add insurance for loss or damage.if you are unsure give LAURA HARRIS a call as she is the manager and the most fairest person i have dealt with &am sure she will straighten your problem out if there is one .she has gone to bat for me a couple of times with outstanding results.they have a 1-800 number and you may have to try a few times as they are usually busy,but well worth the effort.
good luck with your situation.
regards&later KEWATIN

rogertra

I have a tracking number so I'll await Canada Post's delivery advice arrives and then I'll give the service department a call and see what's up.

This is the first time I've ever sent anything back for repair.  Prior to this I've always repaired everything myself, after all, I am a modeller and that's what we do but this main pin had me beat.  I found it impossible to remove,  which leads be to believe that it's not removable and the driving wheel pair will need to be replaced.  This is a detailed, weathered and custom decaled loco so I'm hoping I at least get the same body and tender back.  I asked in my covering letter if they have to replace the loco, could they just replace the mechanism as a lot of work has gone into the loco.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks all.

Cheers

Roger T.