Kudos to the service department

Started by gregw66, August 21, 2014, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregw66

I have only a couple of Bachmann locomotives. One, a GP40 circa 1975 is still running. I had a 44 tonner that went bad after sitting in a box for years. I requested a repair and because I am not a smart man, I ended up with 2 service requests. I called the service department and they cheerfully fixed things up for me. I was just to the post office to ship the unit off and with my positive experience so far, I am hopeful they can get me back up and running!

richg

Yeah, they are good.
I had a 44 tonner two motor converted to DCC that developed a cracked gear. Re-wired to DC mode and sent in a check according to the Parts Repair page. Got a newer single motor, DCC ready 44 tonner.

Few years ago inquired about a set of DCC cables for a HO Richmond and they sent them out with a bill for about $7.00 as I recall.

Rich

jbrock27

Yeah, they are good.
I had a 44 tonner two motor converted to DCC that developed a cracked gear. Re-wireYd to DC mode and sent in a check according to the Parts Repair page. Got a newer single motor, DCC ready 44 tonner.

-and as I recall, this was an Ebay purchased loco and according to ACY, a violation of the warranty program as this kind of replacement is not the intended purpose of the warranty....

Keep Calm and Carry On