Main Menu

n scale turn table

Started by grumpygramps75, August 23, 2014, 10:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpygramps75

can you use the n-scale turntable with unitrack

kewatin

greetings grumpster
if you look on their retail store,you will see that it says it is adaptable to other makes of track.as i use unitrack i don't see it presenting a problem.i had been waiting a yr or so for this product and if you check my previous posts  as to why it says sold out i was told that it would be available at the end of this past march,as stated by the yardmaster, as you can see its still not here&were almost into sept.i bit the bullet &bought the the just released unitrack one, not really what i wanted because of the lenghth of the bridge
6 to 7" long,bachmann's is about the same, not really good if you have larger locos above a 2-8-0 or gp35 etc. i am wondering if bachmann has seen their error in their bridge length &has delayed delivering them and maybe are doing a rethink on their turn table length &retooling to fix that mistake before bring it to market.
their silence on availability for this item is thunderous &not really their style ,as they are usually at the top of their game marketing wise with announcements,but in this case the dog is still sleeping
REGARDS&LATER  KEWATIN

grumpygramps75

thanks for the help kewatin

ryeguyisme

I'm imagining Bachmann came out with an engineering sample of the turntable and released a picture of it to see what kind of feedback they would receive. While some were welcome to the idea, a lot of guys pointed out that the bridge length was lacking severely and the track spacing on the perimeter was too wide. So I'm going to make an educated guess and say that Bachmann is redeveloping this particular item to fit the needs of their customers such as myself. I would be a lot more interested in this turntable if the bridge was a bit longer to support at east a decent amount of medium steam. I have a couple D&SL 2-6-6-0's that i would love to use an EZ-track turntable with if they do end up fixing the bridge length as the engineering sample proved lacking in that case.

kewatin

hi ryeguy, i totally agree with your comments and as discussed previously in my earlier posts most folks mentioned that the bridge table was too short.most of my steam &a-b diesels are large right up to the em-1 .the table they show is identical to their HO ONE ,so perhaps one in the same.also they have the drawings &tooling for the HO one it wouldn;t be that big a deal to scale it down &mfg. i don't believe it would take up much more room &would fit most modelers needs.if it comes to fruition i will buy one .but as i stated i waited over a yr for its release and my layout was at the stage i could wait no longer &purchased the just released unitrack one as it is surfaced mounted and i could replace it with bachmann's if it ever comes available in the bridge&table length most of us require..they also could do the thomas round house to complement it & would be an awesome pair and sure to be a good seller &in demand, especially if they retain the dcc friendly aspect.just my thoughts and 2 cents worth.
regards&later KEWATIN