News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC & sound N&W J Question for bachmann

Started by RGW, September 09, 2014, 12:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

Bachmann 
1st )   With the planed release of your N scale 2-8-4 with sound could not this be added to your great running N scale  N&W J 4-8-4. Hopefully in a some months you can record the sound of the real thing running if you do not already have it. 

2nd)   Could you sell the dual mode DD & sound decoder separately , to be added to already released engines. The J has a speaker hole already in the tender floor.

I have 2 Js and a 2-10-2 that run beautiful but need a dual mode decoder with sound .( I run DC )

ACY

Bachmann does not have sound decoders available for separate sale. Check online to see what Tsunami decoders Soundtraxx has available that best meets your needs. If Bachmann were to sell the J with sound or go in that direction it would be at least 2 years out. Hopefully you can find what you need. www.soundtraxx.com/
Perhaps try one of the following Micro-Tsunami decoders: 826002 (Medium) or 826003 (Heavy)

RGW

Bachmann Announced it will be releasing an N scale 2-8-4 with DCC & sound. My question is will they offer this on a new release of the J and will the dual mode decoder with sound
be available separately to add to there existing newer released engines. 

ACY

Quote from: RGW on September 09, 2014, 06:36:04 PM
My question is will they offer this on a new release of the J and will the dual mode decoder with sound be available separately to add to there existing newer released engines. 
To this point Bachmann has never made the sound decoders available for separate sale, so at this time it doesn't seem very likely. And they may decide to release a new N&W J and implement a sound decoder, but if they do you will have to wait 2-3 years at a minimum. It takes several years of development, research and testing before the release of new Bachmann products to ensure we the consumers get a good quality product that meets all our expectations, is competitively priced, and offers many years of reliable service.
Even if the Bachmann had knowledge of such a product down the line he wouldn't be able to tell us until the appropriate time which is every year at the national convention. However, he should be able to pass on your request for future consideration. Good luck

gatrhumpy

Get a Soundtraxx Tsunami TSU 750 in Heavy Steam, install it, and be done with it.