Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

painting locos

Started by union pacific 4014, September 13, 2014, 07:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

Quote from: rogertra on September 15, 2014, 02:08:00 AM
union pacific 4014

You say you are going to add marker lights?  You know those are on the rear of the tender or on the last car of a train?  Without marker lights, or these days a FRED, you don't have a train.

Roger-

I think we can rule out the possibility of a train headed by a 4-8-4 not having a caboose and thus needing a FRED. Even citing a current day excursion with a steam engine pulling  train without a caboose as an exception to that doesn't work because caboose rides are significant money makers and excursion trains aren't for freight, anyway.
                             -- D

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 15, 2014, 12:36:11 PM
Thank you again Roger for taking time out of your day to answer my question, even though it came at the cost of my getting a little bit of lecture.  If you will do me the favor and spare me the lecture next time, I would appreciate it.
I am sorry that my prior question was not completely understood.  Since I had stated before that my plan is to strip a loco of it's paint, I did not mean to ask why it is necessary to prime before painting over old paint.  I was wondering why it would be necessary to prime a paint stripped loco.  Now I know that is not what you meant.  Thanks again for your answer.
I GOOGLE, buy books and magazines too.  But is there something wrong with posting questions here for answers to these questions?

Sorry you misunderstood my answer as a lecture, that wasn't my intent.

Cheers

Roger T.

union pacific 4014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoI7MOWJZ-A real union pacific 4-8-4 #844

union pacific 4014

Doneldon

4014-

Outstanding! I am in a total relapse of steam fever. Isn't it amazing how well they got the chuffs to
match the smoke puffs and exactly four chuffs per revolution of the drivers?
                                                                                                                   -- D

jbrock27

Fair 'nough Roger.

I should add, I also trying using the Search feature here, but find results to often be poor.   I don't know if it is how it uses words to search or a matter of the order of the words or what.
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 4014

http://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/steam/locomotives/index.shtml here the list of union pacific steam program they just pulled the one of biggest steam loco out of retirement and  restoring to full operation                                    union pacific big boy 4-8-8-4 #4014

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 16, 2014, 07:16:38 AM
Fair 'nough Roger.

I should add, I also trying using the Search feature here, but find results to often be poor.   I don't know if it is how it uses words to search or a matter of the order of the words or what.

I agree with your comment about the search feature.

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On