News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

cutting ez Track

Started by Joe323, November 25, 2014, 07:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe323

I want to cut ez track so that it Butts up against a mirror I placed against a wall at the end of a tunnel (so it looks like the track continues).  I have a Dremel what disk should I use?

jbrock27

Black (oxide?).  May want to cut from the top first, going through the rail first.  Then maybe use something else like a fine tooth hacksaw to cut the rest of the way through the plastic for a more even cut.  Make sure to wear goggles Joe when using the Dremel.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Saved1

if you are going to use a dremel i would use the reinforced fiberglass cutting disks, if there are any burs left behind you could use 120 grit sand paper or a small/micro size fine file to clean it up

the plastic cuts real easy, i cut mine starting from the bottom working my way up to the rail and the plastic cleans up nicely with 220 sand paper or a small/micro size fine file

jbrock27

My apologies for not being specific enough.  The disc I was referring to is Part # 456.  It comes with the Dremel tool along with other accessories and is apparently made of fiberglass.  It is black and grainy looking and therefore looked to me what I would call oxide.  Whatever it is made of I have used it; it does a good job.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Joe323

Thanks Everyone I successfully cut the track late last night