contact with tracks on Bachmann Turntable

Started by jeroldc, December 12, 2014, 12:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeroldc

I am having trouble with the turntable making contact with some of the tracks that are selected when I rotate the turntable.  About half of them do not activate with power.

Any suggestions?  I am reluctant to mess with the contacts in terms of altering the height to ensure they contact the track.  I am afraid that some will now be too high.

Is there a way to hard wire power to the various tracks and remove the contacts completely.  Is there some sort of wiring scheme that I would need to do like on an atlas turntable so that proper polarity is maintained.

I had thought about getting small screws and drinning a tiny hole through the turntable into the wood underneath and using a fine wood screw to push that particular section down into better contact.

I would like to also hear from a Bachmann person in addition to users out there.

Thanks - Jerold in Tampa
Modeling the Rock Island during the transition period - DCC HO setup below and an analog O 3-rail around the top of the room.

Jerrys HO

Jerold,
Had the same problem with mine. I posted some time ago with the fix but could not find it to re-post for you.
As you stated drilling holes in that section to fix is what I actually did, but found out you need to do them all. One will throw another side off.
What I did is the neutral spot between the tracks drilled a hole and counter sunk the top and used bevel headed screws to countersink them as not to interfere with any loco. It also allows you to loosen and tighten where needed. After fine tuning it all works perfectly now.
So in closing you pretty much answered your question on how to fix the problem.
I can post a pic if needed.
Jerry