News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N qauge switchs are finicky

Started by DaleDe, March 28, 2009, 06:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleDe

I recently bought some left/right switches. They have dynamic power transfer to guide the power only in the direction of the switch but I find it does not work too well. It is very finicky and I play with the switch position to get power where I want it and sometimes it just won't work well at all.

Are others seeing the problem? Or did I just get a batch of bad switches. If so what did you do to correct the problem?

Dale

James in FL

Are you using the AC controlled switch control box, or are you manually activating the switch points?

DaleDe

I have tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to matter although manually I can fiddle with it a bit to get it to work sometimes.

Dale

James in FL

Maybe you have some power contact problems in the turnout itself.
If you don't/can't open it up and correct it yourself, I suggest returning to B'mann for a replacement.

If you feel like troubleshooting yourself try here;

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8792.0.html

If not, send it back.

Good Luck

jwoj69

Quote from: DaleDe on March 28, 2009, 06:39:22 PM
I recently bought some left/right switches. They have dynamic power transfer to guide the power only in the direction of the switch but I find it does not work too well. It is very finicky and I play with the switch position to get power where I want it and sometimes it just won't work well at all.

Are others seeing the problem? Or did I just get a batch of bad switches. If so what did you do to correct the problem?

Dale

If Your switch is nailed or glued, it maybe warped. also mechanical connection from electromagnet easy slides out.
Try this
If mounted try to unmount
check electromagnet (make sure is connected to accessories terminal)