News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Keeping cars attached to each other

Started by buonannogn, January 09, 2015, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

what kind of imperfection does that piece have?

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

buonannogn

female piece on one of the rails is elevated no matter what I do. Not sure if it is the connection. I triple checked it and it looks as though the male lines up with the female.

jbrock27

That is likely the culprit then if that is where the problem is always occurring and that is the only place it is occuring.  What kind of "imperfection" are we talking about here?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Sorry, I did not mean to repeat the question about the "imperfection"; for some reason, don't know why, I did not see Jeff's post before I typed my repeat of the same question.

Buon, sound like what you are describing is a rail joiner that is kinked.  Do you know what a rail joiner is?  BTW, is ACY the only one here that deserves a "thanks" ???
Keep Calm and Carry On

buonannogn

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for responding. I will try a new track or 2 to solve the derailing issue. Still not sure how to solve the coupler issue without buying new couplers.

Thanks again to all those who helped!!!!!!

jbrock27

In case you don't realize why I am asking you about the rail joiner Buon, it is to determine if it is a rail joiner and not the track that is the problem.  If that is the case, you just need new rail joiners and not new track, which is the cheaper fix.
Keep Calm and Carry On

buonannogn

Thanks JBrock I don't think it is the joiner, but, again, I am a novice to all this.

jbrock27

You're most welcome.

You might find it helpful for yourself to GOOGLE Search some of these terms; it will help with your understanding and in communicating problems to help resolve them.

Is the imperfection metal or plastic?
Keep Calm and Carry On

buonannogn

Thanks again. It appears as though it is metal.