News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum HO EMD GP35 item#11510

Started by seagraves, January 13, 2015, 02:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagraves

Bought this unit last year at a yard sale runs like a champ,need the back coupler have it but need a diagram on how to install,looks like something is missing.
Thanks
Mike

bapguy

Here's a parts list   http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_68_184
click on the diagram link.  This should be a split frame loco.   Joe

jbrock27

It is indeed a split frame.

Just curious; I also have a GP35 but it is a Plus model, I did not know they put GP35s in the Spectrum line.  I always thought GP30s were in the Spectrum line and GP35s were in the Plus line until they ended up doing away with both lines and rolling both models into the standard line.

Anyway, I ran across the same problem as you Sea w/m y GP35 and found the price cheaper with a seller on Ebay for the parts you are looking for.  I checked and did not see that he has them anymore, but you may want to search Ebay and the net, you may find a better price.  I always found the couplers on this model to be a little on the "low" side as well and kind of a pain to get right. 

Good luck in your search!
Keep Calm and Carry On

seagraves

I see what I need now,the coupler pocket...

ALCO0001

Bachmann offers a better updated version for this coupler box! I remember seeing it with a bottom cover on the box that the older split frame plus version did not have .IT just used a short, large head screw.The updated version that I used works for gp30 and 35 split frame style.
Jack