Started by gacaptaink, January 12, 2015, 08:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gacaptaink

Greetings;

I've just set up the Lehigh Valley 65403 engine on Switch 3 of my EZ Command
Control Center. All I get is the "chuff" sound, but I cannot get any bells or
horn to work. Tried using Function button as well as all the other buttons on
the EZ Controller, all to no avail! Do I need another part to make it work,
or what? Purchased on 12-9-14 for me as a gift.

bapguy

Does the loco run on address 3? If not then the address was changed. If yes all you need to do is press the function button and F1 or1 to work the bell and F2 or 2 to work the horn. Joe

Irbricksceo

Do you know anybody with a DCC system that can program CV's? If the above suggestion didn't work I'd suggest a Decoder Reset as that is a great starting point for trouble shooting. Unfortunately, the EZ command Basic cannot program  CV's.
Modeling NYC in N

Bucksco

Might be as simple as pressing number 8 (mute function) in function mode....

rogertra

Download and install JMRI, makes programming CVs sooooooo simple.

You don't even have to know what the CVs are nor what any CV does, JMRI knows that for you.  It will only display those functions on the decoder can be changed.

JMRI can also do many, many other functions.  Control signalling, prepare waybills, switch lists and many, many other prototype functions but they are really advanced and have a steep learning curve. For many (most?) people on this list who are not into prototype operation they will not be needed but they come with the program.

Just click on the "JMRI Decoder Pro" icon once you've downloaded and installed the program just to program your CVs.

Cheers

Roger T.

Hunt

An aside

Quote from: rogertra on January 12, 2015, 05:08:24 PM
Download and install JMRI, makes programming CVs sooooooo simple. . . . 

JMRI Decoder Pro cannot be used with a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center or the current Bachmann Dynamis DCC systems as they do not have a PC interface.  Decoder Pro requires computer connection to a unit to create DCC signal instruction packets, which is usually the DCC command station.

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on January 12, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
An aside

Quote from: rogertra on January 12, 2015, 05:08:24 PM
Download and install JMRI, makes programming CVs sooooooo simple. . . .  

JMRI Decoder Pro cannot be used with a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center or the current Bachmann Dynamis DCC systems as they do not have a PC interface.  Decoder Pro requires computer connection to a unit to create DCC signal instruction packets, which is usually the DCC command station.

Thanks for posting that update.  I did not realise that.  Too bad as JMRI makes programming so easy.

For all you Bachmann DCC users, please ignore my post.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

bapguy

If you buy a Sprog or Digitrax PR3, you can use either one to hook up to a computer and use Decoder Pro. I have the PR3. It hooks up to a piece of flex track I use as my programming track. JMRI does make programming easy. The only draw back to the PR3 is with sound decoders, you need an 18V DC power supply for it to work. This is an inexpensive way to use the EZ DCC system and have the ability to program decoders.  Joe

Hunt

Digitrax PR3 has been discontinued - replacement product is PR3XTRA

Using a power supply not within Digitrax recommended output rating range for any of its products voids the warranty.