News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

acela ho passenger cars

Started by hoddy4, January 17, 2015, 09:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddy4

Do the ho acela passenger cars light up when on dc?

jonathan

Indeed they do.

Regards,

Jonathan

hoddy4

Is theye a switch or anything you have to Seton the car to make it light up?

ACY

It is possible they all burned out as there is no switch.

hoddy4

Might be the case, do you know how to remove the shell?

jonathan

Did you buy the set used?  It is entirely possible the previous owner burned out the lights... or the wheels pickups are dirty and won't pick up current without a good cleaning.

When new, my cars would light up on both DC and DCC, though the lights are much brighter on DCC, don't need to get into the reasons here.

Haven't run my set in quite a while, so I can't tell you if any of my cars are burnt out.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

I don't own the Acela set, but some of my other Bachmann cars have screws on the bottom that hold the top in place.

It would be nice if exploded diagrams of the passenger cars were added to the reference diagram web page.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

trainmainbrian

Quote from: hoddy4 on January 17, 2015, 04:38:05 PM
Might be the case, do you know how to remove the shell?
I have an Acela set... NO there are NO on-off switches on the cars the lights get there power from the wheels & transmit the current to the light bulbs inside the car... On my layout the passenger cars are Fairly Lit "but this is with my accent lighting on the layout on" If I run my Acela with my overhead 4ft work lights on you will not see the Lights inside the Car's "however I only use my Work lights when doing scenery or maintance" Also I find the LOCO's Headlights to be on the Low Lit Quality side... I am searching for better lighting bulbs for inside the car's & Locos headlights... I already replaced the Headlight Bulbs once already with a new headlight & wire harness.... It's in the Bachmann Store if wondering.... Any other questions feel free to contact me... Hope this helps you out...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

thewizard

I don't believe that Acela cars have screws to keep them together. Just some plastic nubs that you need to squeeze in. The set I have uses 2 grain of wheat bulbs mounted between foil in the roof.