News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

USRA light 2-8-2

Started by Trainman203, January 21, 2015, 03:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACY

Quote from: Yardmaster on January 22, 2015, 11:22:34 PM
And we all know the street price will be well below the MSRP.....
Very true, I always seem to find Bachmann items at a great value, even though the Manufacturers suggested retail price is often higher than I would like to pay, there are several stores that offer good sale prices on your products.
Just the other day I picked up a Union Pacific Sound Value S2 for only $75 on sale, which is an excellent value in my opinion.
I even picked up a set of the new heavyweight passenger cars (a coach and a combine) in NYC for only $50 which is 75% off the list price.

rogertra

Quote from: Yardmaster on January 22, 2015, 11:22:34 PM
And we all know the street price will be well below the MSRP.....

NOT in Canada.  Full msrp with maybe, maybe an unadvertised 10% discount if you belong to a club or are a good customer of the store.

I have heard from several retailers the wholesale price in Canada is frequently higher than the deep discount retail prices in the USA.

Cheers

Roger T.

ACY

Roger, most US hobby shops will ship to Canada. Plus you could always do some shopping across the border depending on where you are in Canada.

rogertra

Quote from: ACY on January 23, 2015, 03:07:44 AM
Roger, most US hobby shops will ship to Canada. Plus you could always do some shopping across the border depending on where you are in Canada.

Where do you think I buy most of my major hobby supplies?  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Physically shopping across the border for him would involve, a plane, a ferry or a swim :D

I would hate to know Roger what you have to pay for shipping costs :'(
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 23, 2015, 07:11:09 AM
Physically shopping across the border for him would involve, a plane, a ferry or a swim :D

I would hate to know Roger what you have to pay for shipping costs :'(

I can see Port Angeles WA from where I live but to get there takes forever.  :)

Shipping costs are not that bad as I insist on USPS.  On a typical $200 to $300 order, shipping would be around US$20 and in most cases I don't get charged the Canada Post $6.50 "Brokerage Fee" nor Federal (GST) and Provincial (PST) sales taxes.  Added bonus.  Even with our US$0.82 it is still cheaper to order from the USA but not for orders under $200 or so.

Cheers

Roger T.