News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale USRA DCC Issue

Started by Joe Bob Reilly, January 24, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bob Reilly

I'm having an issue with a N scale USRA Heavy Mountain Loco (DCC) that I purchased a couple of years ago.  I can turn the light on and off using my NCE system.  However, I cannot get the loco to move.  When I try to read back any of the CV's on the programming track it says it cannot read any of them, it can't read the manufacturer, etc.  The only thing I can do is change the address on this loco.  I have changed it to the road number, 1552, light will come on, change back to 3, light will come on, otherwise nothing.

I've tried setting CV 8 to 8, still nothing.  I'd also like to get a list list of the CV's for this decoder.

Any thoughts?

kewatin

greetings,
i just finished having the same problem with my bachmann dcc mogul, my nce power cab could not read any of the values etc. found the decoder fried  and or un responsive. sent back to bachmann service with $35 and they replaced it with new loco. the problem you are going to have if you send in is this loco is no longer in production and no replacement to send you. i lost one of my heavey mountain locos this way.if i were you i would look at installing another mfg decoder like digitrax or nce into it  as the $35 repair fee to bachmann would cover the new decoder cost.by the way they replaced my mountain with a 2-10-2 after taking to customer service laura harris. hope this info helps . regards&later kewatin

gatrhumpy

Try installing a different decoder.