News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

acela dcc equipped but won't run

Started by CarlCioffi, January 26, 2015, 12:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlCioffi

I bought the Acela dcc equipped set that comes with the dc controller.  Is there something I have to change on it to make it run on my DCC layout?  I tried programming it and I can turn on/off the headlights but it just hums when I tried to accelerate and doesn't move.  Also what is the SW1 on the circuit board that show PAN/R as options?

Len

The switch determines if the loco will get power from the (PAN)tograph or (R)ails. In theory, if you have catenary installed, it lets you operate to locos on the same track on a DC layout. One getting power from the overhead, the other from the track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

CarlCioffi

Ok that makes sense. Now if I could just get it to move.

guslcp

What system are you trying to run it with..?? DC (analog) or DCC..??  If DC, analog operation should be enabled in CV29.  If DCC the default address is #3, which you should select (dial in) in your command station. 
If it doesn't run in either of these conditions, you've got a defective loco or command system.

Gus.

jward

was the set bought new or secondhand? if secondhand, the previous owner may have reprogrammed the address. try the locomotive number for the address.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA