HOn30 4-6-0 Loco & Cars Announced at 2014 NTS Now Forgotten?

Started by railtwister, February 25, 2015, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

I thought Bachmann announced a new line of HOn30 trains at the 2014 NTS last July, but I notice there is no mention of these in the newly released 2015 Bachmann catalog, although there is mention of a narrow gauge loco & cars for the Thomas range (not cheap, either!). Has Bachmann changed their mind about the previously announced HOn30 items, hoping they will be quietly forgotten?

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

Bachmann U.S. never announced HOn30 product.
Thomas Narrow Gauge was announced at New York Toy Fair a couple of weeks ago. There are no plans to do HO narrow gauge in the regular line.

Ken Clark

Backmann UK Branchline show a OO scale Baldwin 10-12-D   4-6-0T and a boxcar, also a drop side gondola, as supplied to the WD in the First World War to run on N Scale track.

No indication If or When they may be available

Ken Clark
      GWN

railtwister

My mistake, I guess. I thought I had seen several posts on Trainboard about this announcement back in July, but missed the detail that it was about Bachmann UK (who usually doesn't attend NMRA shows). Here's the link to the Trainboard thread:

(http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?159175-New-stuff-at-the-NTS)

There was another link pointing to the Bachmann UK announcement included in one of the messages in that thread, but that link now returns a blank page, so it's still a bit of a question mark.

Thanks anyway for the prompt response.

Bill in FtL

Ken Clark

Bill  ETAL

If you would like to see photos of the proposed models.

Backmann UK
       Products
       Branchline
       NG engines
       NG freight cars

Ken
            GWN

railtwister

Thanks Ken,

Now I'm wondering if these items were announced at the 2014 NMRA National Train Show, who was it who announced them? It doesn't make sense that Bachmann UK would have a booth at the NTS, since they don't distribute their products here. It also seems unlikely that Bachmann USA would have shown them at the NTS, since they now say they never made that announcement. Is there perhaps an independent distributor that could have announced this at their booth rather than Bachmann USA? Why? It sounds like these items, even if they should get produced, won't be sold in the US, so why bother to announce them at the NTS? I guess if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

To the best of my knowledge they were not announced at the NMRA show in July (by anyone). They were announced on the Bachmann U.K website around that time.