News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Using Curved Terminal Rerailer

Started by kdgrant6, February 28, 2015, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdgrant6

A curved Terminal Rerailer would be more convenient in my layout.  Are there any reasons to stay away from those instead of a straight piece?  I use 18" radius curves.

Thanks.

Jerrys HO

If you just need the power why not get some powered rail joiner's or make them yourself.

kdgrant6

I'm running DCC. 

I'm going to use the straight terminal rerailer that came with my set to power a piece of track for programming locos and turnouts.  Since I was going to buy another terminal rerailer to power my layout, I was wondering if there are any reasons not to use a curved piece instead of a straight.

I don't know how to make the powered rail joiners.  With my lack of experience, I think I'd rather just buy a piece of track.

Thanks for your suggestion.

trainmainbrian

I was going to suggest adding 1-2 power lead's to your layout... But I remembered you are using EZ-Track... In this situation I would drop a few power leads down to my Main Track Power Wires under my layout & solder then up to the rail's & my power issue is fixed LOL but in this case KD you cant do that for the reason you get the power from the DDC unit you are running... AS for myself I have a separate power system running my layout... & run a different DCC system that I cant say on hear...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

Jerrys HO

If you know how to solder all you have to do is solder some wire to the joiner where you want the power lead and drop to your buss or the power cable coming from your controller just splice it in.
If your not solder savy then this is a cheaper option I mentioned before...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230959064725?lpid=82&chn=ps

Len

Quote from: kdgrant6 on February 28, 2015, 10:48:46 AM
A curved Terminal Rerailer would be more convenient in my layout.  Are there any reasons to stay away from those instead of a straight piece?  I use 18" radius curves.

Thanks.

To answer your original question, no, there's no reason not to use the curved rerailer/terminal instead of the straight one if it fits your situation better.

If you have any community colleges in the area, some offer evening classes in things like soldering. It's a handy skill to have, even for things having nothing to do with model railroading.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.