News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC?

Started by Fergusfan17, March 13, 2015, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergusfan17

Hey guys,
Sorry for the recent spam of new topics, but I am considering purchasing this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-HO-Thomas-Locomotive-w-Eyes-DCC-Equipped-TCS/330438497960?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28797%26meid%3Dc58c2ff043eb449e8f5207f696267570%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D330438497960
item and I need some guidance as I have never before been exposed to DCC-
First, what controller do I need for this engine? Second, how do I connect the engine to a controller once I have purchased the controller? Third, does anyone have any idea where I can find the guide (I remember seeing it posted here on another thread a LONG time ago...) on how to install DCC on other engines? The ones I am considering are
Gordon
James
Edward
Henry
Thanks so much!

Hunt

Someone has installed a TCS (Tran Control Systems) DCC decoder in the locomotive.

You need a DCC system to control it. Suggest you research DCC (Digital Command Control) to learn about it. Lots more to DCC than you may think. There is a learning curve. 

Bachmann offers two DCC systems

• Item No. 44902, E-Z Command Control Center
  • Item No. 36505, E-Z Command Dynamis Wireless Digital Command Control System

Carefully study the capabilities, features and add-ons of each Bachmann DCC system. There are DCC systems manufactured by others, which you may want to compare to the Bachmann DCC systems.

This Board is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of non Bachmann DCC systems.

Click Here scroll down to Bachmann for one way to install decoders.

Hunt

* * Correction * *
Someone has installed a TCS ( Tran Train Control Systems) DCC decoder in the locomotive.

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Hunt on March 13, 2015, 04:52:34 PM
Someone has installed a TCS (Tran Control Systems) DCC decoder in the locomotive.

You need a DCC system to control it. Suggest you research DCC (Digital Command Control) to learn about it. Lots more to DCC than you may think. There is a learning curve. 

Bachmann offers two DCC systems

• Item No. 44902, E-Z Command Control Center
  • Item No. 36505, E-Z Command Dynamis Wireless Digital Command Control System

Thanks for the advice! First, would either Bachmann DCC system work with the engine? Second, the link you inserted doesn't seem to work...

Carefully study the capabilities, features and add-ons of each Bachmann DCC system. There are DCC systems manufactured by others, which you may want to compare to the Bachmann DCC systems.

This Board is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of non Bachmann DCC systems.

Click Here scroll down to Bachmann for one way to install decoders.

Hunt

Fergusfan17   -Try this link Click Here and scroll down to Bachmann

Hunt

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on March 13, 2015, 07:00:31 PM
. . .  would either Bachmann DCC system work with the engine?  . . .
Either Bachmann DCC system will control the decoder equipped locomotive but there is a big different in the features and capabilities of the two systems.