News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-27 counterweight replacement

Started by rrjTooele, March 11, 2015, 12:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrjTooele

Please be patient! I have a first-run K-27 and back in 2008 there were several postings about replacement of the counterweights as delivered. At that time I went ahead and requested replacement weights which I received. Unfortunately, I did not follow through and replace them. Well, now I want to, but as I look through the old postings, the links with the instructions with pictures no longer work. Can you point me in the right direction to get the instructions?

Thank you.

Chuck N

It has been a long time since I replaced mine.  I recall unscrewing the screw at the end of the axle lifting off the drive rods and the weight, put in the new weight, rods and screw.  I did this one wheel at a time, so I wouldn't affect the quartering.  There are probably better directions, but that is what I recall doing.

Chuck

mudhen

Somethings are just beyond my talents, so I sent my K-27 to Bachmann and they repaired it at that time free. I just paid for shipping,etc.
I sudjest you call the service department and ask
(1) if they can help you, with instructions on the replacement of your counter weights,
(2) know of a video that shows the replacement,
(3) can they do it for you. Let them know you have the counter weights.
They are most helpfull on warrenty/repair work.
I have been looking on the internet for such a video, but as yet, can't find one.
Good luck on your quest.
Mudhen

rrjTooele

Thank you both for your quick response. I will see what I can do. Again, I appreciate your feedback. All the best!