News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wabash Heartige eng

Started by blf, March 23, 2015, 02:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blf

Mr Bachman: Ordered a Wabash Heritage eng, and the top color is a green instead of gray. I checked the internet pictures and it is gray, and the proto picture on your site for parts shows this eng and it is gray in the photo. Please explain as this is the second Heritage eng I have and was happy with the first one (PRR). This is a beautiful engine with the gray top. Bill

Hunt

Did you receive a NS Heritage - SD70ACe  Erie lettered  WABASH?

Erie

WABASH

blf

No, haven't received it yet. Pictures on the web site I purchased it from look like a light greenish gray. The Central of Georgia eng is closer to the Wabash color. Google Wabash Heritage diesel

Bucksco

The Bachmann research team had full access to all of these locomotives at an event held by Norfolk Southern. All of the colors were matched to pantone color chips and all are quite accurate.

jward

keep in mind that items sold online may not have their photos taken under the best of conditions. different lighting can and does cause colour shifts in the image taken. while the better digital cameras have a white balance feature that compensates for the lighting, not all cameras have this. plus, using a flash too close to the object you are photographing will affect the colour. I suspect this is the case here, and that when you receive your locomotive you will find the colours correct.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

blf

I sure hope so. Saw one at my local hobby shop, and being familiar with Wabash colors couldn't figure out where the top color came from. Ordered one any how but decided to pull up a proto pic . When I found a few they all were light gray like the proto pic on the parts page for this engine on the Bachman site. Bill

blf

Just pulled up the site I suggested and there are some pics of a mode taken outside in the sunl that looks pretty good. Hope it was a Bachman. Used unit at end instead of eng Bill

blf

Mr Bachman: received my Wabash unit today and am pleased with the eng as a product. But. the colors are way off! It is definitely green on top of bands, and in my opinion the top band should be a gray close to the bottom band color while the bottom band should be what appears to be a blued off white  Have I gone color blind? The colors of the model match the pics in your ads, but the true color is closer to the proto pic on your parts section for this eng. Check out Wabash Heritage unit in your search eng. Bill

Bucksco

Not sure how it could be way off if the colors and paint scheme were matched to the actual locomotive. We were given access to the actual heritage units so that the colors and paint scheme could be accurately matched. I trust this info more than pics from the Internet. Colors in photographs are not always reliable due to lighting, shadows, etc.....