News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MDT Plymouth and DCC

Started by Jimmygee, April 05, 2015, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmygee

Does the MDT Plymouth Switcher have DCC on Board? Is it dual mode? Is it DCC compatible?

Mike C

No this is the old style DC only . Don't think there is any room for a decoder in there.

ACY

Like mentioned above this is an ANALOG DC locomotive and it would be impractical and very costly, difficult and time consuming to install DCC in my opinion. Installing DCC in this locomotive simply cannot be justified; I would not go as far to say it is impossible to do but I would never in any circumstance advise that any attempt such an installation for a plethora of reasons.

Jimmygee

Thanks for the input. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Hunt

It can be done.

Click Here to see one way to do it.

Mike C

Quote from: Hunt on April 05, 2015, 04:58:56 PM
It can be done.

Click Here to see one way to do it.

Well hell , say something can't be done and someone will prove you wrong ! LOL

ACY

Mike and Hunt like I said before, I never said it was impossible,  but it isn't the best idea since there is a lot of ways you can screw something up and it will take a lot of time and effort and the original poster may not have access to the tools required to perform the installation. This is why I advised against it.

Hunt

ACY tell and show what is required and let the person decide.

Realize what is difficult, impractical and very costly to you may not be to him. But then again, the person who starts with I can't , can't. The person who starts with I will try with help just may succeed more often than not.

Desertdweller

That looks like an interesting project for someone who is good with a Dremel Tool.

I was impressed with the picture of it pull in five Superliner cars.  I never considered buying this engine because it didn't look like it could really pull anything.  Looks like I was wrong.

Les