News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-8-8-4 EM1 Decoder issues

Started by loadsalot39, March 26, 2015, 07:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loadsalot39

Hi
   My club runs digitrax and the Spectrum EM1 I have currently has the stock Tsunami decoder installed (RTR) but NO sound at this point. My problem is two fold (or maybe more depending on the groups responses):

1 - When I registered my unit (7604#) through SPROG, it took with seemingly no issues BUT when it starts, it starts at full throttle and I cannot decrease / increase speed?
2 - I DO NOT have reverse?

I have reset everything to the factory defaults, tried re-installing it as #03, etc. all to no avail?

HELP!

Thanks and take care

BaltoOhioRRfan

I had simular problems on DC, it was full throttle or nothing. I took out the DCC Board and installed a DCC Ready bored and solved the problem.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

West Bound

load39- Have you tried reading all CVs using sprog and comparing them to factory settings? -John

MCENTRAL

If it is not resetting back to the factory default address of 3 .Then it is not resetting.Make sure you do this in service track mode .Try cv8 to 8 a few times cv30 to 2 .Make sure your getting the confirmation lights flashing.
Pat

loadsalot39

Hi Pat
      I was able to reset CV 30, no issues however, CV 8 would NOT allow me to edit the field at all (it would not allow me to "Write" to CV 7 or *)!

Any thoughts?

Thanks and take care
Lon

GN.2-6-8-0

Rocky Lives

loadsalot39

Hi
  SPROG is a computer based programmer for DCC decoders.

GN.2-6-8-0

Ah' ok we use Decoder pro by Digitrax.
Rocky Lives

West Bound

Loads39  I have gone back and checked my Decoderpro rooster and found my Em1's were not there. Now I remember I could not program my EM1's, 2 of them using sprog 2. The JMRI would not recognize the decoder that came from Bachmann. I had to program each CV by hand on the programing track. I also use Digitrax. Sprog is great for other decoders including the sound value. -John West

loadsalot39

Hi John
              That's great news! I was going to try this tonight at the club!

Thanks for the guidance!

Lon

loadsalot39

Hi Westbound
                    Still not working? I've tried numerous times to get the CVs to register but nada?

Thoughts?

West Bound

Loadsalot39  1. Did everything work before you tried to reprogram? 2. Did you buy this new and install the sound card yourself? 3. Have you checked the sound card to see if it is plugged in tight and right side up? Are you now trying to reset without sprog? Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. -john