News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis IR Reciever

Started by bl2, September 11, 2013, 05:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl2

I just purchased a Pro Box for my Dynamis, it comes with an extension cable for an extra receiver(also included) which plugs in to the IR Extension on the base station. The problem is at the other end of the cable the plug will not fit the IR reciever due to a square tab on top of the plug on the end of the cable fouling the pin connection, ie both ends of the cable are the same.
The instructions say "Additional IR recievers can be connected to the IR extension module using the supplied cable"
Is there an adaptor piece that I don't have to allow the plug to fit properly?
I hope this makes sense, I just joined and this is my first post.

GG1onFordsDTandI

I cant believe no one took a shot at this one. Maybe a call to Bachmann can get you some answers. Sorry Id try but I don't have a Dynamis.

the Bach-man

Dear BL-2,
Just cut the tab off and you're good to go.
Not sure why ESU designed it that way, but it works...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bl2

Thank You for the reply, I was thinking this was the solution however I like to double check before cutting into things...thanks again.

GS_Train

Hi BL2, I just wondered how your pro box worked after adding the extra IR receiver. Mr Bachmann said to just cut off the square tab, but didn't say if it mattered which way the plug went into the IR receiver. The IR cord has 8 pins (same as an 8 pin decoder) and you have a 50% chance of getting it wrong! I have a pro box and was going to hook up the 2nd IR receiver and saw your posting on this forum. The IR extension has the notch-out to put the cable in one way only, the IR receiver should have a notch-out as well ???