How do you register a purchased product on-line

Started by hankaug, April 13, 2015, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankaug

Can't find the link in the web site.  Must I mail it in to Backmann in PA?

ACY

Quote from: hankaug on April 13, 2015, 04:46:16 PM
Can't find the link in the web site.  Must I mail it in to Backmann in PA?
You can't do it online, it can only be done through the mail. That is just how it is.

hankaug

Thanks for the answer I was not looking for.  That only means that Backmann has no concern about the products and quality they ship to retailers.  I'll mail my registration so I can return the 2-8-0 to them for replacement or repair. 

richardl

Quote from: hankaug on April 13, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Thanks for the answer I was not looking for.  That only means that Backmann has no concern about the products and quality they ship to retailers.  I'll mail my registration so I can return the 2-8-0 to them for replacement or repair. 

You are correct. The retailer is NOT the end user. We are the end user.

Rich

WoundedBear

The warranty registration card is totally optional. The only thing you need to save is the original receipt. If you need to send the unit in for warranty, you will need the receipt.....they don't require the registration card to be sent in, but they want a copy of the receipt showing where and when it was purchased.

BTW....the last two 4-6-0 Spectrum engines I bought didn't even have cards in the package. Save your stamps. ;D

Sid

hankaug

Thanks,  These replies asked all my questions on this topic.  Thanks to all that replied.