News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann crossover hookup

Started by RedlegJim, April 20, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedlegJim

I have Bachmann No. 6 Crossover. The instruction sheet says that the two controllers can be hooked together so you only need one wire to the powerpack. I tried hooking them together but they don't seem to fit. Has anyone had success in putting two controllers together side by side?

Jerrys HO

I just cut both wires and wired them together with one plug so when you throw the switch both points move together. The only thing is keep the center wire with the other center wire and match the outer two so they don't throw opposite each other.

Jerry

Len

Since you pretty much have to operate both sides of the crossover together, I've never understood why Bachmann didn't wire them together internally so one controller operated everything?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hunt

Quote from: RedlegJim on April 20, 2015, 03:36:30 PM

I have Bachmann No. 6 Crossover. The instruction sheet says that the two controllers can be hooked together so you only need one wire to the powerpack. I tried hooking them together but they don't seem to fit. Has anyone had success in putting two controllers together side by side?

Call and discuss the " they don't seem to fit" issue you are having with Bachmann Service Dept.