News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cork Roadbed

Started by kdgrant6, April 23, 2015, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdgrant6

I have a fairly large layout of all EZ Track.  All four locomotives and most of my rolling stock are Bachmann.  So I've been supportive of this company.  However, for an experiment, I am adding a modest expansion to this layout and have purchased Code 100 track and Peco turnouts for this purpose.  I have purchased Midwest cork for the road bed. 

I have two questions: first, I have used two-sided carpet tape to attach my EZ Track and Woodland Scenics inclines to my Owens-Corning foam board.  I plan to do the same with the cork.  Would that be a good idea, or would white glue be better?

2nd, does cork still need to be soaked in hot water to make it suitable for curves?

Again, EZ Track's ease of assembly (and disassembly) has enabled me to experiment with layouts.  Such experimentation would not have been practical with track/cork layouts.  I'm not jumping ship.  I'm just wondering.

I would appreciate any feedback.

jim81147

I use 3M #77 spray adhesive to attach cork to my layout . It is not foam board so you would need to check compatability first . It is fast and holds well . The Midwest cork roadbed does not have to be soaked first . It is very pliable and you can easily bend it to follow your curves.