News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

videos of train layout & construction

Started by jim d, April 25, 2015, 06:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim d

Recently viewed demo video on Bachmann site constructing train layout with mountains, concrete drive and lake. Now I can't find it. great advice but can't seem to get there again. Can anyone help?

electrical whiz kid

To much emphasis is placed on the "ready-to..." aspect of this hobby.  Jonathan's efforts are a prime example of what can be done beyond the "4X8" circle of track mentality.  Some more example of the craftsman angle of this stuff is needed here.
SGT C.

jbrock27

Everyone is certainly entitled to their viewpoint/opinion. 
At least, that is what I have seen people write, even if they don't really mean it. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on May 03, 2015, 09:43:58 AM
To much emphasis is placed on the "ready-to..." aspect of this hobby.  Jonathan's efforts are a prime example of what can be done beyond the "4X8" circle of track mentality.  Some more example of the craftsman angle of this stuff is needed here.
SGT C.

There are some of us here, Jonathan and Sid are two that spring to mind,  who are not in the "'ready-to...' aspect of the hobby."  Not that we claim to be "craftsmen" but we do seem to be a minority.

I have just donned by flame resistant suit ready for the expected assaults.  :) 

Cheers.

Roger T.